SPEECH BY CEO NABCO – ANYARS IBRAHIM – NABCO PASSING OUT CEREMONY – INDEPENDENCE SQUARE: WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 17, 2018.
Your Excellency The President of the Republic of Ghana, and the Number One Nation Builder, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo;
Your Excellency The Vice President, Dr Alhaji Mahamudu Bawumia;
Members of the Council of State, The Lord Chief Justice, The Right Hon Mike Ocquaye Speaker of Parliament of the Rep. of Ghana; Ministers of State, Members of Parliament,
Members of the Diplomatic Community, The National Chairman of the Governing New Patriotic Party, His Eminence The National Chief Imam and Our Revered Clergy, Chiefs, CEOs and Heads of Agencies and Departments; Our Hon. Metropolitan, Municipal and District Chief Executives; The Media and Civil Society;
Our NABCO Module Implementation Partners, Regional and District Coordinators
Fellow Nation Builders; Ladies and Gentlemen
Welcome to this august gathering; mine Your Excellency is to offer a rendition of the Journey So Far, since you spoke on Labour Day 2018, at the KNUST Campus in Kumasi.
We, the NABCO Team, ably led by H.E. Dr Mahamudu Bawumia the Vice President, put effect to your words: You offered ONE HUNDRED THOUSAND JOB opportunities to the YOUTH of this country.
We followed through a rigorous process; which at its core was to safeguard the integrity of the new Graduate Employment Scheme, that the NABCO is.
- WE opened an online application Portal which received 146,968 applications – From an initial interest through sign up of 175,000 tertiary graduates.
- For the very first time in our administrative record, the NABCO Team empanelled five public servants across all 254 districts who cumulatively interviewed 137,000 NABCO Applicants. This was achieved within a period 8 weeks from June 18 to August 11, 2018.
- Structures have been created concurrently, some emerging naturally during the process to give shape to the Nation Builders Corps (NABCO). A National Secretariat with a Chief Executive Officer, Regional Coordinators, District Coordinators and our innovative in-house Research and Training Corps (our RTCs). These have enjoyed, Your Excellency, the broad support of Ministries, Departments and Agencies, MPs, District Authorities, and Constituency level structures.
- Our Seven Modules, Your Excellency Mr President, Educate Ghana, Heal Ghana, Feed Ghana, Revenue Ghana, Enterprise Ghana, Civic Ghana, and Digitise Ghana have been oversubscribed. A few statistics – Educate had 43,834 applications; Revenue, 31,095,; Civic 19,917; Digitize 16,620; Enterprise 12,949; Heal 11,785; and Feed Ghana recorded 8,934.
- In terms of regional ranking Ashanti recorded 34,909 applicants, Greater Accra followed with 31,809, then the Northern Region with 19,807; with the smallest region recording 4,003 the Upper West Region.
- As of today, the process has received 93,382 confirmations of acceptance of selection – out of 99,811 selected applicants. These will now go through institutional placements from the very moment they are commissioned, by yourself, Mr President.
Your Excellency, Fellow Nation Builders, Ladies and Gentlemen,
These statistics are real people; with personal stories of challenges and often dire narratives of their despondency as citizens eager to contribute to nation building. Their stories can never be lost in a forest of statistics and can only be understood by fellow citizens who encounter our youngsters.The interviews and the anxieties of the selection process offer significant glimpses of these lived realities.
Your Excellency, I would like to conclude by highlighting the extent of your flagship initiative. And Mr President, you will hear lots of this from our Module Implementation Partners themselves: An average DISTRICT with 350 NABCO Trainees will bring to the district TWO MILLION NINE HUNDRED AND FORTY THOUSAND CEDIS, every year. One District. We can all do the maths. A simple arithmetic of the numbers for each module at a monthly allowance of 700 GHS will unravel the scale of this. For instance, on Enterprise Ghana, the 12,000 trainees would amount to an investment of over 100 million annually to private sector enterprises through the NABCO scheme. These are incontrovertible, unprecedented and transformational efforts thanks to your leadership for this country.
At long last, a vision of the future of Ghana has been laid; to prepare our intellectual infrastructure to exploit emerging opportunities in a new and transformed Ghana. And while at it, engineer new attitudes to citizenship and nation building.
Mr President, Fellow Nation Builders Ladies and Gentlemen,
Welcome to this occasion to outdoor the 100,000 NABCO Trainees. Welcome to your day, Nation Builders. Thank you Your Excellency Nana Akufo-ADDO for listening to the youth of this country and identifying with our challenges. Thank you for the 100,000 job opportunities.
Mr President, Your NABCO Trainees – and pioneer Nation Builders.
Thank you and God Bless us all and bless our dear nation.
NABCO: The Nations Trusted Workforce Partner!
NABCO: We are Nation Builders!!
NABCO: I am a Nation Builder!!!